Home Improvement Loan
Helping people to make the most of their money
Dreaming of updating your home? If you’ve got the ideas, we could help make them a reality with an affordable home improvement loan designed to suit you.
Whether it’s a large project like a new kitchen or bathroom or just a fresh lick of paint or sprucing up the garden, a home improvement loan from NEFirst Credit Union could unlock your plans and help you create the home you’re dreaming of.
Home improvement loans are one of our most popular products, and every year, we help hundreds of members get their plans off the ground with our affordable and flexible loans. Borrow from £1,000 up to £10,000 at a competitive rate and payback at a pace to suit you.
With a quick decision, once approved you’ll have the cash on hand putting you in a strong position to shop around for the best prices on whatever you need to buy.
From creating space for a growing family to getting the garden ready for summer, we know the difference it can make to finally get those jobs sorted and turn your house into a home. Home Improvement Loans are available up to £10,000 and new members can apply for a loan as soon as they join if they are a homeowner. We pride ourselves on clear and transparent rates for all members.
Examples at 19.6 APR – £1,000 to £5,000
£1,000 over 12 months
Your monthly repayment will be £91.70
The total amount repayable will be £1,100.35, therefore the loan will cost you £100.35
£5,000 0ver 3 years
Your monthly repayment will be £180.84
The total amount repayable will be £6,510.36, therefore the loan will cost you £1,510.36
Examples at 12.7 APR – £5001 – £10,000
£6,500 over 3 years
Your monthly repayment will be £171.22
The total amount repayable will be £8,218.56, therefore the loan will cost you £1,718.56
£8,000 Over 5 years
Your monthly repayment will be £178.02
The total amount repayable will be £10,681.14, therefore the loan will cost you £2,681.14
Calculate your loan
• Borrow up to £10,000
• Competitive interest rates
• No hidden fees, charges or repayment penalties
• Interest charged on the outstanding daily outstanding balance
• Free Members’ Death Benefit Scheme (terms and conditions apply**)
• Remember we will match any written loan offer from a bank or building society.
Benefits of borrowing from NEFirst Credit Union
- Competitive interest rates guaranteed not to change after approval
- Flexible loan repayments up to 5 years
- Continue to make regular savings as you borrow
- No setup fees
- No admin charges
- No early repayment penalties
- Free Life Insurance*In the event of your death, your loan will be paid off in full (terms and conditions apply).
You can apply for the Home Improvement loan if:
- You are a member of NEFirst Credit Union
- You are over 21 and under 75 years old
- You are not currently in an IVA and have not had a Debt Relief Order or adverse credit (for example CCJs or payment defaults) in the last 24 months.
- or Bankruptcy Order within the last 2 years
- You have the disposable income to meet the loan repayments
- You have been Employed continuously for at least 3 years.
- You are a homeowner (a recent mortgage statement may be required)
- You need to be up to date on any current or previous borrowing with NEFirst Credit Union.