Business Development Officer – East Durham Area
We’re looking for a motivated and confident relationship builder to take on this exciting new position, as we continue our mission to provide an exceptional member experience and grow our customer base.
| About the role:
In this role you’ll be supporting the Business Development Manager by expanding and nurturing relationships within East Durham communities. Identifying network and development opportunities to promote the services of NEFirst and offer solutions to support financial wellbeing. Proactively creating and following up on leads to facilitate financial inclusion for everyone. Working in collaboration with our partners to enable the delivery of our ‘wrap around care’. Promoting accounts which grow over time, helping people to manage their money in safe and secure way.
Main Responsibilities – What you’ll be doing:
· Promote and raise the profile of NEfirst at every opportunity.
· Play a key part of the Business Development Team, being a team player.
· Assist the Business Development Manager to Network and grow contacts building a first-class reputation.
· Provide an interface between communities, businesses and our organisation.
· Meeting partners and people in the community sharing the benefits of membership.
· Assisting in the revitalisation and modernisation of service points
· Support organisations to open and promote new service points.
· Promotion of our online services via Mobile App.
· Assisting with social media content from events.
· Meeting with partner business employees to share the benefits of Payroll saving.
· Building and maintaining relationships to develop and grow new opportunities.
· Keeping up to date with current financial trends and potential member problems and
· Support Business Development Manager with grant and other funding opportunities.
· Represent NEFirst at promotional events, awards, exhibitions, and networking including conferences and industry event.
· Working to targets and in line with the organisation’s Business Plan
Person Specification – What we’re looking for:
· Possess skills, knowledge and experience in business development/relationship management.
· Able to build and maintain strong client and business relationships with excellent interpersonal skills.
· Be charismatic, a people person, able to engage across a diverse group of people.
· Good communication skills are a must – the confidence to speak to a wide variety of people, build strong working relationships.
· Some influencing and negotiation skills and a focus on getting the details right.
· Excellent planning and organisational skills, participating towards event planning.
· The ability to work independently and as part of a wider team, taking initiative and working innovatively.
· Work under pressure, meeting deadlines and hold excellent IT skills.
· Experience of digital and campaign marketing.
· Experience of working in a community-based role
· Ability to work flexibly including evenings and weekends when necessary.
Having your own transport is essential – there will be the need to travel within the East Durham area which of course will be covered by expenses, but a full UK license and a car are essential for this role.
What’s in it for you?
In house and on-line training programmes will be provided to ensure that knowledge of policies and procedures are up to date, to work and maintain a strong knowledge of NEFirst’s products and services.
Working with our business is rewarding in every sense, you’ll have supportive colleagues and fantastic development opportunities.
There is a salary of £28,860, initially fixed for 2 years, plus travel expenses and pension.
37 Hours per week – 21 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and birthday leave is also gifted.
Applications via CV, including covering letter with how you meet the role definition and job description to: [email protected]